Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ion Fortuna: Patching and Plates

Finally got some work done for Ion, and I have to say that this have been the first time I had to do SO much prep-work for a costume. Making the small templates, then the larger patterns, cutting up the patterns (which I did not enjoy) and stitching on every piece to make sure it'll stay in it's place. It's fair to say I am ready to feel like I'm actually making progress!




It's been repetitive  but not as boring as I would have thought, because I kept shifting back and forth between four different things and two sorts of fabric. Right now it looks like someone have spilled blue-goo on my fabric, next step is gluing on rhinestones and adding gold-trim around EVERYTHING (as you can see  on the patterns)



Today I've been working on the back-piece shoulder plate, made out of funfoam, because it's cheap and easy to work with, and wonderfully lightweight, this costume definitely will not be light weight, so I'm saving where I can.
I'm still figuring out how I want the golden coverage, so it's shelved for now.



2 comments:

  1. Hvor er det flot! :D Jeg glæder mig rigtig meget til at se det færdige!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, so many many many many many endlessly many small details

    I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete